Working together to combat gender-based violence and violence against children
Trilateral Research hopes to join other partners to write a proposal for the upcoming EU funded project to prevent and combat gender-based violence and violence against children.
The deadline for submissions is 14 November 2017, and we would like to contribute with our experience and expertise to tackle these issues and making our society a better place for everyone. Gender-based violence and violence against children continue to be a problem worldwide but remain largely undocumented and unreported.
According to the World Health Organisation, “1 in 3 (35%) women worldwide have experienced either physical and/or sexual intimate partner violence or non-partner sexual violence in their lifetime.” Although we do not have concrete statistics on child abuse, Compassion International states that in 2014, 1 billion children aged 2–17 years experienced physical, sexual, emotional or multiple types of violence globally.
The main priorities of this project are:
- the primary prevention of gender-based violence
- the protection and support for victims of gender-based violence and violence against children
- the coordination and/or adaptation of support services for sexual and gender-based violence to include refugees and migrants (children, women, LGBTQI persons, young men and boys) and ensure the recovery from such trauma
- the treatment of perpetrators in order to prevent reoffending
- supporting the Member States in developing and implementing national frameworks to eliminate all forms of violence against children
We can bring our experience in research and the provision of strategic, policy and regulatory advice on human rights. We have worked on many EU funded projects, one of the latest was the TRACE project, and for more information on our current work please visit the Trilateral website.
Due to our knowledge of research ethics within multi-partner projects, we are an ideal partner to ensure that the project is adhering to European and national principles on ethics, research and innovation. We can also support the project dissemination through our dedicated marketing team as well as provide our 14 years of experience in writing proposals.
We look forward to hearing from you.