Research Analyst/ Data Protection Advisor GDPR compliance
Trilateral Research is a leading London-based multi-disciplinary research, consulting and technology services development company. Our teams collaborate across social sciences and technology development, deriving insights that support data-driven innovation. We deliver bespoke, multi-disciplinary services to clients in the public and private sectors (including European Commission-funded H2020 innovation projects).
Trilateral is recruiting for a research analyst with expertise and experience in relation to GDPR, including sound knowledge or interest in European data protection legislation, notably the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Police Directive and the e-Privacy Regulation.
- Developing proposals and bids for new projects, as well as executing the work required by clients in the areas to include:
- GDPR compliance activities, data protection impact assessments, data mapping services to aid in addressing risk management issues and complying with GDPR requirements, developing consent and privacy notices
- Writing briefs for clients on above topic areas
- Managing internal GDPR related projects, to ensure organisational compliance with all processes and procedures, including internal training of senior staff, interfacing with the ICO, and responding to all requests for information.
- Undertake systematic Data Protection Act compliance audits in accordance with the Information Commissioners audit tool, including any third-party premises where appropriate.
- Attending and presenting at client meetings, as required.
Skills and experience
- Experience in Information Governance, Data Protection and regulatory change roles
- Project Management experience with suitable qualifications with a proven track record of leading projects to successful completion
- Thorough working knowledge of UK and EU data protection legislation (including GDPR)
- Knowledge of risk management, information security, data protection and/or data privacy principles and practice
- Ability to analyse legislative requirements and relate these to organisational practices and solutions
- Awareness of information systems and databases to determine how processes need to be developed
- Proven stakeholder management skills and experience
References are required, and salary offered will be commensurate with experience.
In return, you get …
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours / remote working options
Location: UK / Ireland
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
To apply, please send your CV to:email@example.com. All applications should be marked specifically as “application for GDPR UK / Ireland”. We will process on a rolling basis and earlier candidates will be considered first.