Trilateral Research is a UK and IE-based enterprise, founded in 2004. Our team collaborates across social sciences and technology development to bring insights from each into supporting data-driven innovation. We provide research, advisory and technology development services to private and public-sector organisations (including European Commission-funded H2020 innovation projects). The candidate will be expected to work on Trilateral projects in both the public and private sectors. For more information on our projects, see trilateralresearch.co.uk
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring effective management and EU-reporting processes are in place for H2020 research projects. One position will be based in our Waterford (IE) office and another in our London headquarters (UK).
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Prepare and submit financial reports for H2020 projects to the European Commission accurately and within deadlines
- In support of claims submission, manage all downstream processes, including, but not limited to, review of expense reports, timesheets, subcontracting, other direct costs, etc.
- Provide accurate management information related to research finance for the project managers and for the senior management team.
- Employ robust prioritisation and proactive project management skills to manage relationships with researchers, collaborating institutions, clients, partners and funders.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions and financial regulations of the funding bodies and their auditors
- Review historic submissions to ensure accuracy and comply with requirements of any audits.
- Provide support to project managers in the claim compliance, administration of grant-funded projects, e.g., proposal cost compliance and verification of grant proposals, eligible cost tracking
- Contribute to the continuous review of policies to implement identified improvements to operational strategies, procedures and processes to ensure it better meets the research grant management provisions.
- Provide efficient maintenance of all financial and expense records related to grants claims
- In collaboration with practice manager(s) and financial accounting team, track execution of commercial contracts and ensure the timely creation of monthly invoices to commercial clients.
- Take on board any extra projects and administrative tasks as and when required
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification or equivalent (candidates with relevant experience will be considered)
- Previous experience working in various grants/funding roles essential
- Knowledge of European Commission funding streams essential (H2020)
- Experience working in a customer-focused team providing management information and analysis within an organisation
- Highly detailed orientated
- 3+ years working within EC grants administration
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Able to take on board extra projects when required.
- Able to communicate complex financial information or ideas in a way that budget holders and financial laymen can understand and act upon. English writing skills essential.
References are required, and the salary offered will be commensurate with experience. When you submit your enquiry, please include your salary requirements.
Interviews are taking place on an on-going basis, so please ensure you apply now. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
In return, you get …
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours / remote working options
Location: London, UK and/or Waterford, Ireland (multiple positions)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. All applications should be marked specifically as “Application for Research Accountant Waterford”. We will process on a rolling basis and earlier candidates will be considered first.