Grants Finance officer / Research accountant
Trilateral Research is a leading multi-disciplinary research, consulting and technology development services company with offices in London and Ireland. Our teams collaborate across social sciences and technology development, deriving insights that support data-driven innovation. We deliver bespoke, multi-disciplinary services to clients in the public and private sectors (including European Commission-funded H2020 innovation projects).
The candidate will be responsible for ensuring effective management and donor reporting processes are in place for EU-funded research projects. The position is based in our London office initially then potentially in Ireland.
Specific duties of the position include:
- Prepare and submit financial reports for H2020 projects to the European Commission accurately and within deadlines
- In support of claims submission, manage all downstream processes, including, but not limited to, review of expense reports, timesheets, subcontracting, other direct costs, etc.
- Provide training and communications about how to cost and manage the budgets of research grants.
- Provide accurate management information related to research finance for the project managers and for the senior management team.
- Contribute to the continuous review of policies to implement identified improvements to operational strategies, procedures and processes to ensure it better meets the research grant management provisions.
- Employ robust prioritisation and proactive project management skills to manage relationships with researchers, collaborating institutions, clients, partners and funders.
- Ensure compliance with the terms and conditions and financial regulations of the funding bodies and their auditors
- Review historic submissions to ensure accuracy and comply with requirements of any audits.
- Support the preparation of budgets for proposals for various funding stream.
- Provide support to project managers in the claim compliance, administration of grant-funded projects, e.g., proposal cost compliance and verification of grant proposals, eligible cost tracking
- Liaise with external auditors in support of claims.
- Take on board any extra projects and administrative tasks as and when required
- Provide efficient maintenance of all financial and expense records related to grants claims
Preferred candidates will meet the following standard of qualification and competencies:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualification or equivalent (candidates with relevant experience will be considered)
- Previous experience working in various grants/funding roles essential
- Knowledge of European Commission funding streams essential (H2020)
- Experience working in a customer-focused team providing management information and analysis within an organization
- Highly detailed orientated
- 3+ years working within EC grants administration
- Advanced Excel skills essential
- Able to take on board extra projects when required.
- Able to communicate complex financial information or ideas in a way that budget holders and financial laymen can understand and act upon. English writing skills essential.
References are required, and the salary offered will be commensurate with experience. Please send your CV and cover letter including your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are taking place on an on-going basis, so please ensure you apply now. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed company who are challenging attitudes towards disabled people in employment and benefitting from their skills. We are a Living Wage employer.