Trilateral Research is a London-based company, created in October 2004. Our team collaborates across social sciences and technology development to bring insights from each into supporting data driven innovation. We provide research, advisory and technology development services to private and public sector organisations.
The candidate should have a sound understanding of all concepts related to data science and data analytics, including a thorough understanding of the methods and various approaches to problem solving utilised within the private sector (predictive analytics, machine learning, prescriptive analytics). The candidate should have broad experience with a wide array of frameworks and systems (Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.) and tools (R, Python, Spark, SAS, etc.).
The post-holder will also be expected to liaise with project partners and clients across the EU and internationally and to deliver products, research products, technical proposals and reports in a collaborative and supportive research-intensive environment in which short and demanding deadlines are frequent.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Data management across the whole value chain – collection, curation, cleaning, analysis, presentation/visualisation.
- Building tools for data analysis and data visualisation as required by partners and clients.
- Design and build cloud-based data-driven solution architecture (based on AWS) for public and private clients.
- Conduct data mining, data analytics and data visualization.
- Writing technical reports or sections of reports and developing other deliverables as required to fulfil contractual obligations.
- Researching and writing content for grant proposals and tender submissions.
- Writing content for peer-reviewed journal articles, as part of projects, or as an outgrowth from projects.
- Attending and/or presenting at conferences and workshops, involving occasional travel outside the UK.
- Candidates will have a PhD in computer science or related field.
- Critical mind and ability to challenge, intuition of implicit assumptions in mathematical developments.
- An ability to work under pressure and to adhere to strict deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Experience using quantitative data analysis to solve problems and answer questions.
- Experience of predictive modelling techniques. Strong statistical knowledge is an asset for this position.
- Deep understanding of the theoretical grounds of machine learning and of the corresponding mathematical framework.
- Strong background in machine learning.
- Strong command of Python (sklearn, pandas, numpy, matplotlib, NLTK, etc.) and Matlab.
- Working knowledge of several AWS services (DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, etc.).
- Proven experience in FP7 or H2020 funded research projects.
- Candidates should have strong, demonstrable writing skills and preferably will have already published papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Candidates should be based in the UK or willing to move to London.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexualorientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
To apply, please send your CV to: email@example.com. All applications should be marked specifically as “application for Data Scientist position”. We will process on a rolling basis and earlier candidates will be considered first.