15 Jan Call for Papers: Edited Book on the Human Trafficking, Conflict and Military Nexus – Project Solebay 2019
We invite you to submit a chapter proposal for an edited book that is planned by Project Solebay. Project Solebay stems out of the realisation that not enough is being done by state and coalition forces to consider human trafficking in conflicts and peacebuilding missions.
Whilst the output of Project Solebay is to develop and test a risk assessment and risk identification methodology, inclusive of options for mitigation measures around human trafficking, the purpose of the book is to shine light on the various issues around human trafficking, military and conflict nexus. Please note we are still working on the title, which will be inspired by the various chapters included within the book.
We are currently in the process of submitting a book proposal and are looking for contributions!
We are open to a wide range of topics, such as but not limited to (we encourage unique and novel ideas):
- History of human trafficking in conflict (including slavery)
- Drivers of human trafficking in conflict
- Theoretical frameworks for understanding human trafficking in conflict
- How does human trafficking manifest itself in a conflict/peacebuilding context
- The role of the military in addressing human trafficking
- Assessment of human trafficking impact on the military / on the outcome of conflict
- Challenges that human trafficking poses to conflict resolution
- Legal obligations for militaries
- Supply chain transparency in military procurement
- Case study analysis
- Protecting victims of human trafficking in a conflict context
- Mitigation measures
- Policy best practice and lessons learnt, of addressing human trafficking in a conflict
- How to use available data to enrich policy
What we need
If you are interested, we invite you to send an abstract of your proposed chapter (250-300 words) together with the title and a short bio of the author (three sentences).
We ask that you send this to us by 4th February 2019. The abstracts will be reviewed, and we will respond within two weeks.
Please e-mail your abstracts and all questions to email@example.com