Database Management Architect
Location: London/Working from home
Contract Type: Fixed Term – Full Time (6-12 Months)
Trilateral Research is a London-based company, created in October 2004. Our team collaborates across social sciences and technology development to bring insights from each into supporting data driven innovation. We provide research, advisory and technology development services to private and public sector organisations. With over 15 research projects and a growing list of clients (e.g., the European Commission, UNHCR, the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)), we are looking to recruit a Database Management Architect to assist in the review and development of a database as part of an IT systems, database management systems (DBMS) and data analytics solution for our client in the public and private sectors. Tasks may involve some or all of the following:
- Evaluating system design and related systems management processes and optimisation techniques
- Conceptualising the database design considering both organisation of data and accessibility for end-users
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS, monitoring performance and implementing tuning to provide fast responses to front-end users
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans, automating updates and ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Controlling access permissions and privileges and coordinating with the Trilateral Legal team to ensure data standards are maintained, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Coordinating with the Trilateral Data Science team to assist with their database management needs during the development of data analytics tools
Essential Skills: You will need to show:
- Teamwork, great communication and good organisational skills
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- The ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and clients
- An excellent understanding of relational databases (structured data, SQL), non-relational databases (NoSQL, unstructured data), their associated languages and the principles of database design.
- Cloud/server development (VMware and Docker)
- Cloud technologies – SQL Azure, AWS configuration and deployments
- Scripting (ETL scripting, UNIX\Linux shell script, XML)
- An understanding of the business requirements of IT and experience of network administration, security administration and web administration.
Qualifications & Experience
A BSc in Computer Science and commercial experience of database management architecture or a PhD in Computer Science, IT or a related subject.